|At REI, we have a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you—it’s a great environment that balances hard work with time off to play. We’ve been recognized as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work” since the award’s inception and continue to grow and thrive in a challenging marketplace. REI offers an excellent compensation package, flexible benefits, outstanding retirement plan, annual incentive program, and a generous merchandise discount to help you enjoy your free time.
This job contributes to REI’s success by driving engagement, brand awareness, and traffic with REI’s digital engagement programs. This role encompasses program management from program strategy to execution, including budgeting, partnering/resourcing, tools management, analysis/optimization, creative development and project management, and execution. We are looking for a contributor who thrives on analysis and has a proven track record of improving the customer experience with social tools. This team is responsible for leadership in social strategies; launching test and learn campaigns, sharing results and building understanding and support of new media across the organization. This program activates REI members and customers on social platforms and on REI.com to keep REI top of mind, increase retention and align with strategic co-op growth areas to create breakthrough customer experiences. Team members model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Refine and execute marketing strategy for the digital engagement marketing program to support REI’s business objectives. Areas of focus might include, but are not limited to, integration with marketing campaigns, REI.com community (Share), UGC and product reviews, presence on social platforms, customer service and insights and original content campaigns.
• Orchestrates program plans throughout cross-divisional planning, execution, and recap phases, including KPI-based analysis.
• Builds internal relationships and educates key partners and broader organization on the role digital engagement plays in meeting our business objectives.
• Shepherds the creative development process for deliverables which support social programs including REI.com community, platform apps and original visual and written content.
• Oversees customer service inquiries and ensures best experience toward resolution.
• Responsible for analyzing program performance, optimizing program with insights and sharing results with stakeholders.
• Partners with other Brand Communications team members to ensure marketing programs are aligned and integrated with overall seasonal campaigns and other annual marketing programs. The integration of these programs is essential in delivering on REI’s brand promise.
• Evaluates partnership opportunities and proposals for strategic relevance, business need, and to ensure they are in-line with REI’s core values.
• Accountable for tracking the marketing budgets of all assigned programs and all associated components.
• Research trends, opportunities, threats, competitors and other factors that affect the social and community programs.
• Versed in outdoor industry products, trends and community.
• Reports to Manager, Digital Engagement on the Marketing Brand Communications team.
• 5+ years general online marketing experience, preferably representing a national retailer brand.
• 3+ years of experience in social media and/or community management.
• Experience in developing marketing plans & strategies in collaboration with partner teams.
• Experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs.
• Demonstrated ability to manage processes and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development.
• Experience working with content & creative teams including design, web production, and copywriting teams.
• Experience and demonstrated analytical abilities, especially as it applies to social media and engagement programs.
• Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budgets.
• Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
• Demonstrated understanding of consumer behavior and applying insights to daily interactions with customers to drive traffic and sales.
• Passionate about social media and its role in connecting with customers to drive business results.
• Experience managing product reviews program, preferred.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• An understanding of the Outdoor Industry, experience in social media for an outdoor retailer or brand is a plus
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing or relevant field, preferred.